To facilitate poverty reduction, social organisation, youth development and the development of cooperatives, rural enterprises and industries.
1. Reduce household poverty in accordance with the Comprehensive Rural Development Programme (CRDP).
2. Promote rural business development and facilitate rural development financing.
3. Facilitate the establishment and support of primary cooperatives.
4. Facilitate the organisation of primary cooperatives into secondary and tertiary cooperatives and provide support.
5. Facilitate the development of rural enterprise and industries.
6. Provide strategic management in the coordination of financial and non-financial service delivery.
7. Provide social organisation and youth development towards economic upliftment.